Services include direct contributions toward the Saturday lunch and Food Pantry served through the Neighborhood Outreach; monies for charitable organizations such as IOCC, OCMC, Community Resource Center, Mt. Carmel Health, Project Mexico, etc. This committee also takes on small projects such as putting together goodie bags for college students during finals week, and donating handmade blankets to Project Linus.
Students, neighbors and those in need benefit from these services as well as those who provide the services, who grow in their ministry and relationship with God. Approximately 500 hours of volunteer work is performed annually by a variety of people who prepare meals, bake cookies, make blankets and more.
A Shopping Reference
- Canned vegetables: every variety
- Canned Fruit: peaches, pineapple, pears, orange slices
- Pasta: macaroni and cheese, spaghetti
- Soups: every kind
- Paper Products: toilet tissue, paper towels
- Cleaning Products: Soap, dish soap, laundry soap
- Clothing: Shoes are always in high demand all year.
Saturday Luncheon / Neighborhood Outreach
Homemade and heartmade meals are served at 12 noon every Saturday at the Annex.
Canned goods, bread, bath supplies and more are offered to those in need. Supplies vary and are available after the Sat. Lunch and Sunday services.More about our Outreach program